Inland marine insurance includes coverage for a wide variety of property types, including construction equipment, medical equipment, cameras, musical instruments, fine art, communications equipment and many other items.
Despite the word marine, inland marine coverage typically covers property on land.
Property used in your business that is routinely moved off-site may not be covered by a standard business owner’s policy and a company could be at risk without the protection offered by Inland Marine Insurance.
Inland marine policies became known as "floaters" since the property to which coverage was originally extended was essentially "floating." The coverage has grown to include property that just involves an element of transportation and can include:
• Items that are in transit
• Items held by a “bailee”
• Items at a set location that is an instrument of transportation
• Movable goods that are often at different locations
Some additional examples of items often covered by Inland Marine Insurance include:
• Computers systems
• Tools and equipment for artists.
• Fine art and tools owned by art dealers and galleries.
• Photographers camera equipment
• Cargo transported by a trucker
• Equipment owned by mobile pet groomers.
• Vending machines
For more information on Inland Marine Insurance coverage, contact Golden Global Insurance at 305-899-5125 today.